Join the La Marina forum

Join the La Marina forumMy name's Jan and this is my website all about La Marina in Spain. Register now for free to talk about General La Marina discussion and much more!

Funeral services

Whatsapp

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:49pm
  • Page 1 of 3:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Lexi

Posts: 21

Location: La Marina

2 helpful posts

Neither my husband nor I have a funeral plan. If something happens to one of us, all that is required is removal of the body from hospital or mortuary in cardboard box, direct to the tanatorio for instant cremation. No service, no flowers, no fancy whatever. Why should we pay €4000 for that! Our church would arrange a private memorial service as per our requirements.

Is there ANYONE out there who can offer this simple service at a simple price?

cazz67

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:27pm

Posts: 57

Location: Los Dolses

9 helpful posts

Hi

If you contact me at www.

I will run through our plans, the middle one is 3695€, but there is a cheaper plan at just over 3000€, can be paid 5 years interest free or funeral insurance 

Care

jimtaylor

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:01am

Posts: 91

Location: La Marina

51 helpful posts

Alternatively, you can donate your bodies to science - cost €1000.

Lexi

Lexi

Original Poster

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:40am

Posts: 21

Location: La Marina

2 helpful posts

cazz67 wrote:

Hi

If you contact me at www.

I will run through our plans, the middle one is 3695€, but there is a cheaper plan at just over 3000€, can be paid 5 years interest free or funeral insurance 

Care

Thank you, but I am not interested in €3000. I don't have the money to pay for that. I am a pensioner and my pension has to keep both of us and pay for everything. I can obtain the service I want in South Africa for under £200!

When you can offer me something for €1000 or under, I would be very interested.

cazz67

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:55am

Posts: 57

Location: Los Dolses

9 helpful posts

Hi

Depending on your age, I can offer Funeral Insurance, for instance the basic cost for someone aged 65 years is approx 307.48 per month, with a plan guarantee of no cancellation of the insurance due to age or illness and no premium increase due to age.

This is on the very basic plan.

But sorry these are the only options I can offer.

Kind Regards

Caren

Lexi

Lexi

Original Poster

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:51pm

Posts: 21

Location: La Marina

2 helpful posts

Hahaha.....€300 per month? I couldn't afford €30!!!!

jimtaylor

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:16pm

Posts: 91

Location: La Marina

51 helpful posts

If you want to consider donation to science, go to the following Elche university website and browse the pages under the Documentos Donaciones tab:

http://csimq.umh.es/en/

jamalco49

Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:41pm

Posts: 5

Location: Los Montesinos

1 helpful posts

Lexi wrote:

Neither my husband nor I have a funeral plan. If something happens to one of us, all that is required is removal of the body from hospital or mortuary in cardboard box, direct to the tanatorio for instant cremation. No service, no flowers, no fancy whatever. Why should we pay €4000 for that! Our church would arrange a private memorial service as per our requirements.

Is there ANYONE out there who can offer this simple service at a simple price?

Hi Lexi,

I agree wholeheartedly with you,for some reason the funeral/ cremation system here

Seems to think we are A cash cow.I had to return to the u.k. last November  to lay  my younger brother to rest (he was 66) We had a budget ceremony that cost  around 1200 pounds.It included a hearse, an undertaker, four pall bearers, and the use of the crematorium chapel.The ceremony was as good as any five star  burial  anywhere in the u.k.

We have my 94 year old father -in -law living with us and he is going downhill rapidly,

he has a funeral policy in the u.k. but am not sure if it will be honored here in Spain.

Have seen in some freebie papers of burial at sea in the San Pedro region, but don't know what the cost would be.

Perhaps speaking to some local Spanish would inform us some more.

Hope this has helped you, if so, keep in touch.

Regards Jim

operationdinnerout

Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:29pm

Posts: 146

Location: Beniarbeig

47 helpful posts

For what it's worth, and at the risk of being controversial, I think Lexi is being quite arrogant. She asked for advice and when it was given has simply scoffed at it. You are living in Spain, so you really need to get used to the fact that some things are cheaper here and some more expensive. If South Africa does a funeral for £200 maybe you should consider moving there.

Lexi

Lexi

Original Poster

Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:34pm

Posts: 21

Location: La Marina

2 helpful posts

jamalco49 wrote:

Hi Lexi,

I agree wholeheartedly with you,for some reason the funeral/ cremation system here

Seems to think we are A cash cow.I had to return to the u.k. last November  to lay  my younger brother to rest (he was 66) We had a budget ceremony that cost  around 1200 pounds.It included a hearse, an undertaker, four pall bearers, and the use of the crematorium chapel.The ceremony was as good as any five star  burial  anywhere in the u.k.

We have my 94 year old father -in -law living with us and he is going downhill rapidly,

he has a funeral policy in the u.k. but am not sure if it will be honored here in Spain.

Have seen in some freebie papers of burial at sea in the San Pedro region, but don't know what the cost would be.

Perhaps speaking to some local Spanish would inform us some more.

Hope this has helped you, if so, keep in touch.

Regards Jim

Yeah, thanks......if you find out anything more, please let me know, and I will do the same.

I'm a little short of time right now as my husband has had major surgery, and it is a long painful recovery, so I have my hands full, but will keep trying for info!

  • Page 1 of 3:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Register or login to reply to this topic

Want to reply to this topic? Login or register for free to post your message:

Other recommended topics

Register for free!

Login to your account

Costa Resales
Jennings Property
Harmony FM
Euronics
Advertise your business here