Join the Cabo Roig forum

Join the Cabo Roig forumMy name's Jan and this is my website all about Cabo Roig in Spain. Register now for free to talk about Healthcare and medical advice in Cabo Roig and much more!

English speaking doctors practise


Posted: Wed Sep 5, 2018 8:46pm
3 replies91 views3 members subscribed

My wife and I are going to complete residency later this year, I have arranged the S1 for us, as disabled early retires. We would like to get some advice on doctors in the area?



Helpful member

Thu Sep 6, 2018 1:41pm

Posts: 345

Location: Lliber

213 helpful posts

Posted: Thu Sep 6, 2018 1:41pm

Usually when you receive your SIP card, which officially entitles you to use the Spanish health service, the name of the doctor is allocated on the card.


Wed Dec 5, 2018 1:34pm

Posts: 1

Location: Cabo Roig

Posted: Wed Dec 5, 2018 1:34pm

Hi my parents of 85 have lived in Spain 20 years. We have got them somewhere to live in the UK but dad has now got dementia but is quite ill with it. We are finding it really hard to pick a time to fly them back to the UK as he gets ok then is bad again. We need a private dr to come to the villa who is very knowledgeable in dementia to help us get him ok to  fly. Would be great if you can help? 



Helpful member

Wed Dec 5, 2018 4:49pm

Posts: 345

Location: Lliber

213 helpful posts

Posted: Wed Dec 5, 2018 4:49pm

If your parents have been here 20 years, are they not ‘residents’ with entitlement to the Spanish Health Service? The simplest solution, I would think, would be to ask at the local Centro de Salud if they know of such a specialist. Or if your parents are privately insured, the insurer may know of someone.

There is the  Confederacion Espanola de Familiares de Enfermos de Alzheimer, who may also possibly be worth contacting to see if they can help, but you may need a translator as this will obviously be aimed at Spanish nationals.

Your nearest hospital as opposed to Health Centre may have such a practitioner on the staff or again, may know who your local specialists are.

There is also Grupo CasaVerde who run several specialist nursing homes who would have this kind of specialist on tap; how close they may be to you, I don’t know, but it’s worth looking them up.

I am sorry not to be of more definitive help, and this isn’t going to be an easy task and will probably take some time to arrange, but hopefully this may give you a starting point. However, bear in mind that, politely, you are in Spain, and not that many specialist services will speak fluent English, you may have to employ a translator for detailed communication.

Sign up for free or login to reply to this topic

Want to reply to this topic? Login or register for free to post your message:

Other recommended topics

Register for free!

Login to your account

AA Free English TV
Just One Small Step - Counselling
Audo-m8 Systems
Landlord Assist
My Cheap Removals
Contento Kleen - Professional House Cleaning Services
Fincas Inland
Protek - Property Maintenance and Cleaning Services
Costa Blanca Coaching
Harmony FM
Spanish Dream Property
Golden Leaves International
Gran Alacant Insurances
Belvedere Estates
Done Roman
Advertise your business here