Join the Torrevieja forum

Join the Torrevieja forumMy name's Jan and this is my website all about Torrevieja in Spain. Register now for free to talk about EU and Brexit: living, holidaying and moving to Torrevieja and much more!

Registration of properties in order to advertise


Posted: Fri Aug 3, 2018 12:11pm
3 replies82 views3 members subscribed

Does anyone know how to or where to go to obtain the registration number that you need in order to advertise your property for rent. I advertise on Holiday Lettings and they have suspended my account until I provide a number. Can anyone help?

Thank you


Gran Alacant Insurances

Gran Alacant Insurances

Helpful member

Fri Aug 3, 2018 2:00pm

Posts: 191

Location: Gran Alacant

90 helpful posts

Posted: Fri Aug 3, 2018 2:00pm

Hi, on this site you will find some helpful information how to apply for the rental license

The nearest office is in Alicante -  SERVICIO TERRITORIAL DE TURISMO ALICANTE, Calle Churruca, 29, planta 3ª. 03003-ALICANTE

Teléfono: 965 93 54 67 Fax: 965 93 48 89. Their official link is

 It was a simple process, the architect certificate was not required when we applied at the Alicante office, yes the 'cédula de habitabilidad' (certificate of occupancy) , NIE in your case, 'certificate of compatibility for tourist rental' (in spanish informe municipal urbanística you can get from your town hall, section Urbanismo) and the 'declaration of responsability' you can download to complete. The license was received within 40 days. 


Hope this helps, good luck!



Original Poster

Fri Aug 3, 2018 7:47pm

Posts: 6

Location: Torrevieja

Posted: Fri Aug 3, 2018 7:47pm

Thank you so much very helpful. How much did it cost altogether please? 



Helpful member

Fri Aug 3, 2018 8:36pm

Posts: 193

Location: Playa Flamenca

144 helpful posts

Posted: Fri Aug 3, 2018 8:36pm


This article tells you everything you need plus links to download forms etc.

The licence itself is free but you will need to buy the official plaque to display and the official complaints forms.  If you don't want to do it yourself there are solicitors handling the registration for about 80 euros.  Once you have your registration number you will also need to register with the Guardia Civil in order to get your login details for entering the guests passport details.

The fines are very big for renting without a licence so worth getting.  You cannot legally advertise the property without including your registration number in the advert.

And this is an English translation of the Official Guide

No changes to the way you declare the rental income and pay tax - If you are a UK resident your Spanish tax return and tax payment for the rentals is quarterly and your UK tax return is annual.  If you are a Spanish resident then you include your rental income in your normal annual declaration.

If you have any questions please come back to me.


Find out more about Spanish Dream Property - a paid advertiser on this website.

Sign up for free or login to reply to this topic

Want to reply to this topic? Login or register for free to post your message:

Related topics


Properties in the Torrevieja area

For sale: 4 bedroom apartment / flat in Torrevieja - €110,000

Very large apartment in central torrevieja, comprises 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 3 terraces. Apart...

For sale: 4 bedroom apartment / flat in Torrevieja - €75,000

Very large 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment in central torrevieja. Property features a large terrace,...

For long-term let: 3 bedroom house / villa in La Zenia - €750 per month

This lovely 3 bed bungalow is located walking distance to all amenities beach, bars, restaurants, ba...

For sale: 3 bedroom apartment / flat in Los Montesinos - €65,000

3 double bed apartment, en-suite master, separate bathroom. 2nd floor, lift. 100m from town square. ...

Other recommended topics

Register for free!

Login to your account

AA Free English TV
Protek - Property Maintenance and Cleaning Services
Fincas Inland
Contento Kleen - Professional House Cleaning Services
Done Roman
My Cheap Removals
Harmony FM
Spanish Dream Property
Just One Small Step - Counselling
Crystal Cleaners
Advertise your business here